The Options Committee of Making Kenora HOME has proposed the second annual poverty challenge, A Walk in Other’s Shoes. Community members have been asked to spend seven days facing some of the challenges caused by poverty. The event takes place during the second week of February, which is the annual Week of Action Against Poverty.

Participants will live off $52.00 for the entire seven days. This includes all food and drink, entertainment, some personal supplies and transportation costs. Each participant will be given a daily challenge card that will reveal an additional challenge; they must complete the challenge before the day’s end.

An opening event is scheduled to be held at City of Kenora Council Chambers at 12:00 pm on Wed. February 8th. The closing event will be held at the Kenora Recreation Centre Rotary Room at 12:00 pm on Thursday February 16th. Both are open to the public.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Today's Challenge

Today's challenge is that I have a cut on my hand that is oozing and I need to purchase something to stop the infection.  I have $0.15 left of the $52.  The only thing I can think of doing is to ask a neighbour or go to the emergency (even though this isn't really an emergency and I wouldn't have transportation to the emergency anyway).

I opted to borrow from a neighbour, even though this isn't keeping with the challenge.  There was no way that I could have afforded to even get into the city, nevermind buy anything to sterilize my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment